Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

i have heavy feeling over my eye and some head pains and headaches

Customer Question

i have heavy feeling over my eye and some head pains and headaches and when i wake up it feels like it hard to focus and open eyelid and some time i get pain over my eye and it seem like it hard to focus my eye but when i look n the mirror i seem fine i dont wear glasses or contacts
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

These symptoms could be due to a refractive error and you may require prescription glasses. Also if your lids stick together in the morning when you get up then you may be having infection or blepharitis in your eyes. You need to see an ophthalmologist/optometrist for confirmation of the diagnosis. Thanks and best wishes.

Follow-up questions are most welcome.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have seen a ophthalmologist they said i dont need glass and my actual eyeball was fine.they dont stick they feel heavy and its seem like i loss focus
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

You will also need an orthoptic work-up by an ophthalmologist to rule out a latent squint which is not obvious otherwise. It is also possible that you have a refractive error and it was missed by your ophthalmologist. Yet another very likely possibility could be convergence insufficiency especially if you have difficulty after doing near work. You may see the same ophthalmologist or a new one for a second opinion. Thanks and best wishes.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i have seen a orthopic also he said the same

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Then you may see a physician or an ENT specialist to rule out sinusitis. It is more likely if you have a stuffy nose. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.