Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

lasik..bit of double vision, so I..eye doctor..color lenses

I had lasik surgery sep of 08, and I'm starting to have a bit of double vision, so I already have an appt with my eye doctor. Last night I put some color lenses to go out, I forgot to take them off and now after taking them off and even applying systane I see with a really heavy haze specially if I'm looking at something not that far like the clock but I can see my laptop normal. What did I do???
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you are experiencing haze due to some swelling of the cornea and/or infiltrate with inflammation from the over wear of contact lens. At this time, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation to exclude contact lens related infection. You will need treatment with topical antibiotics drops with mild topical steroid such as Zylet drop or Lotemax and Vigamox. In the meantime, you can use over the counter Zaditor drop for reducing inflammation and more comfort in addition to the tear drops. Avoid further use of contacts until after this resolves.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is there anything I can do at home, since there is no way I can drive myself to the doctor or pharmacy?

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much:

I suggest that you keep the contact off and use tear drops every 1-2 hours while awake.