Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have gotten epicleritis twice in the last month and three

I have gotten epicleritis twice in the last month and three times over the last year, should I go back to the ophthalmologist or make an appointment to see my primary care physician for more tests?

Welcome to Just Answer

Recurrent episcleritis needs to be treated with topical prednisolone eye drops 1 % . Since it is common in those with rheumatoid arthritis and other collagenous diseases , these have to be evaluated for. At times it may result in involvement of deeper tissues and scleritis and hence it is better to go back to your ophthalmologist. He can examine the eye in detail and ask for other tests too.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.