Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
25407765

my eyelid feels heavy and i get pains around them and it seems

my eyelid feels heavy and i get pains around them and it seems like it mess with my eye focus
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

Do you wear glasses or contact lenses?

What is your age? Is the pain localised to one spot on the eyelid or is it diffuse?

Is there any lid swelling as in a stye?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No eyelid swelling no glasses or contacts i get i guess you can say headache in pains in my head but it feels like i loss focus of my eye but when i look in the mirror im it looks fine but my eyelid always feel funny like somethings on top inst right or it feels heavy

It could be ocular migraine which is associated with headache and eye pain with visual disturbances. You need to take analgesics like Tab. Paracetamol 650 mg twice a day ( available over the counter) for a day or two. For prophylaxis a course of tab. Flunarizine 10 mg , 1 tab once at night is given for one month( prescription medicine).

If symptoms persist even after 2 days of analgesics, you need to get your eyes tested in detail by an ophthalmologist to look out for any other cause for lid problem.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what causes it mamm

There is no exact cause for it though there can be aggravating and relieving factors. For some it gets aggravated by particular food like sweets etc, or by certain sounds or by viewing TV etc. Due to certain molecular factors there is change in the size of the blood vessels in the brain which gives rise to pain and headache. It is not a very serious condition and responds well to treatment.

Thanks and best wishes

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Like how do I get in touch with you after these cause i like your answer and i spended a lot of money i needed from doctor just given me pain med and send me on but thanks um gonna see can i get prescribe that cause it been tough on me these last 3 months

You can always come back on Just Answer anytime if you have any other query.

Once the pain subsides with the analgesics you can visit your doctor for the prescription medicines.

Thanks and best wishes

Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MS Ophthalmology with 11 years of surgical expereince
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
please 1 more question n i will accept if not ocular migrane what can it be

There could be eye fatigue and some amount of dry eyes . You can put Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for soothening effect ( available OTC). Or else there could be blepharitis ie inflammation of the lids which can be diagnosed by examination and is treated by warm compresses and antibiotic + steroid eye ointment at bedtime.

Thanks

Do not press the accept button again as you have already done so.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
cause when i wake up its hard for me to open eye lid and focus some time thats why i ask
You can start putting Refresh tears eye drops as it helps with lubrication of the eyes and relieves the symptoms
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay Thanks n i hope this help me ive been using teaR DROP BUT I DOESNT KILL IT BUT I THANK IT FEELS A LIL BETTER
Thanks and best wishes
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hey mamm i got a brief question could it be tmj from my braces

Sorry , didn't quite understand your question
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well im the got that got eye pain and my eyelid feels heavy you talk to before i was wondering was it tmj from my braces

Very unlikely to have eye pain or eyelid heaviness due to temporomandibular joint pain from braces.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
its not really my eyelid its over my eyelid and between the eyebrow and my headaches come by my temple but i was just tryna see cause the doctor told me my braces block my mri over my eye and i got a cat scan 2 days ago but he hasnt called
A CT Scan report will definitely help to know the exact cause of headache and it is better to wait for the report to come so that things are more clear.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
will i get charged if i accept your answer
Yes you will be charged if you press the accept button.

Since you have accepted it earlier once ,you can skip this. But it is better to close the question as of now and start afresh for subsequent queries if you do not mind.

Thanks and best wishes