Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

My daughter has torn her cornea in her left eye, what should

My daughter has torn her cornea in her left eye, what should she do until we can see the eye dr. tomorrow?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Are you sure that cornea has perforated or it is just an abrasion? Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
In the corner of her eyenear the teat duct, there is clear gel link that is attached to her eye and it does not rinse out with water. There is not much pain right now. It lookes like she has clear gel like bunched up in the corner of her eye near the tear duct.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.
Did she sustain trauma to the eye? If yes with what object? How old is she?

Edited by Dr.S Riaz on 5/3/2010 at 3:55 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She was sneezing a lot today from allergies. She took a nap and when she woke up her eye was real watttery and she rubbed it a few times. Then she notices her vision was blurry and looked at it in the mirror. She could see then in her eye the gel like substance in the corner of her eye. I think she may have rubbed it too hard and maybe tore the cornea in the corner.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

No, cornea does not get torn like that. Cornea is also not present in the corner of the eye but in the centre. She seems to be having an infection in her eyes. It could be viral conjunctivitis since she is ahving sneezing as well. She can use an anti-biotic drop like Vigamox 4 times a day. Another possibility could be allergic conjunctivitis in which the discharge is again clear like viral conjunctivitis. You should see an ophthalmologist tomorrow for confirmation of the diagnosis. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.