Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I spashed white vinegar in my eye

Customer Question

I spashed white vinegar in my eye
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

This will resolve. The irrigation with lots of water was critical. If you have burning, painful or light sensitive eyes, it is possible that you have corneal abrasion. The treatment includes application of antibiotic eye ointment/or tear gel and patch for 1 day. Alternatively, bandage contact lens can be used in place of the patch to allow continued application of the tear drop. To reduce inflammation and improve comfort, I use that you use over the counter Zaditor drop 4 times daily.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.