Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I had corneal ulcers in both eyes 3 years ago from contact

I had corneal ulcers in both eyes 3 years ago from contact overwear and I was prescribed a great eye drop that cured it. I believe it was something like " Zylar" or "Xylor." I can't remember the name. I have them again and would like to have my mother call in another prescription. Do either of these names sound familiar?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Corneal ulcers can be caused by many organisms like bacteria, viruses or fungi. It's not necessary that your corneal ulcer will be caused by the same organism. Corneal ulcer is a serious issue and you need to see an ophthalmologist especially a cornea specialist as early as possible. I hope, you understand. The name of the drop I think is Zymar though. It is an anti-bacterial drop. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Edited by Dr.S Riaz on 5/3/2010 at 12:38 AM EST