Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I recently went to the eye doctor to have a screen done...he

I recently went to the eye doctor to have a screen done...he said i only have a slight case of stegma on one eye and prescribed a pair that even my husbnd can't tell the difference..I can not see to drive in the rain or in the dark so then he gives me an I drop tell me its allergies those in turn caused my I feel like I had an eyelash in it.. my question is what do you think and should I have a second opinion

Welcome to Just Answer

If you are not able to see well with the prescribed glasses then it needs to be verified again. Your vision should be 20/20 with the glasses and N6 for near, and new pair of glasses do need 1-2 weeks to get adjusted to.

If you get the feeling of an eyelash in the eye, then you can put lubricating eye drops like Refresh tears eye drops , 1 drop 4 times a day. If the sensation still persists then you will need a detailed eye examination again just to confirm whether it is just dry eyes or any misdirected eyelash or allergy.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Any more questions?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
once I stopped the prescribbed I drops I stop having that feeling that something was in my.
The prescribbed glasses are not strong enough @ all I have to sit really close to the steering will to see when its @ NIGHT OR WHEN RAINING..NOT AS BAD IF SUN SHINING. Oh yea ive had the glasses for 4 months these are like just puttin a clear piece of plastic over my eyes...no differance
Hello again

You may as well stop the eye medicines if the symptoms have subsided. If day time vision is good with or without glasses then you may benefit with just conversion to polorised glasses which are supposed to help with the vision especially for night driving. Also a retina examination should be performed to know the periphery of the retina . If any lesion found it can be responsible for reduced vision in night and good vision during the day. Very unlikely that you will have any retinal problem but it is to be tested routinely. If your eye doctor has already done so then only a change in the polorised glasses for driving will help, which even an optician can do.

Thanks and best wishes