Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

For a while now, Ive been having eye twitches. They are not

For a while now, I've been having eye twitches. They are not involuntary because I can prevent myself from doing them, but it takes a lot of concentrated effort. Now usually I have twitches because an object in the room catches my eye and i cant help but look at it. This even affects conversations I have with people, because my eye is constantly drawn to something else. It's only my left eye. Any insight? This is really affecting me and it's been going on for a few years now.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Eye twitches usually have a benign cause. These could be fasciculation which is a small, local, involuntary muscle contraction (twitching) visible under the skin arising from the spontaneous discharge of a bundle of skeletal muscle fibers. Fasciculations could be due to a variety of causes, the majority of which are benign, but can also be due to disease of the motor neurons.This may also be related to anxiety disorder especially if you have any such history. Since, you have it for quite a while you may see a doctor prferably a neurologist to rule out a neurological cause. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.