Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

In my left eye, in the upper left part; I have three small

In my left eye, in the upper left part; I have three small clouds that do not move. In a place without bright light I know they are there but I can see thru them. In bright light, they get dark. I have had this for a year. I also have migraines.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

You have a thick gel material in the middle of your eyes. Over time it liquefies and can sometimes clump together. When you look in the light, you see the shadows of these things and see them as floaters. Floaters are generally not a problem, though they can be annoying.

New floaters can be an indication of a retinal problem, such as a hole or tear. It is recommended you have a full dilated eye exam to check for any problems.

If you notice a sudden increase in floaters, flashes of light (like a lightening storm, arc of light), or a shadow/veil in the periphery of your vision, this can be worrisome for a retinal detachment. You would need to contact your ophthalmologist promptly in that case.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your offer of more help, but I have spent all the money I can. My eye dr. did dialiate my eyes and looked at them thoroughtly. I disagree with her that there is nerve damage. She did a test of perhipheral vision of clicking the clicker when you see the little light. I was wearing my contacts; left is for reading and right is for nearisighted. They put a lense in front of the right eye but no lense in front of the left eye. When You cover my left eye, all I can virtually do is read so the rest is a blur which makes it hard for me to see the little lights. I will try to find an opthamologist for a second opinion
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.

The three small clouds could be the floaters that I mentioned earlier. They can also be blind spots as well. The nerve damage your eye doctor would be referring to would most likely be glaucoma.

You would not know if you had glaucoma or not since the early stages generally have no symptoms. A second opinion would be most helpful in this case and that doctor should be able to tell you your risk of glaucoma.