Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

last night I got a blob of hair dye in my eye -- I flushed

last night I got a blob of hair dye in my eye -- I flushed it for an hour in luke warm water. It is really red by the vision seems normal. Today I have been using refresh tears lubricant eye drops is there anything else I should do. I had to travel accross the country today so I am not in my home city where my doctors are.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 6 years ago.

hello there

it is normal to feel some more foreign body sensation and also have some redness. However, I would expect that to resolve within the next day or two for sure. If your eye does not feel better by the morning, continue the tears, and purchase refresh PM ointment and place it in your eyes when yougo to sleep tomorrow night. If you still have discomfort in 48 hours, you should be seen by an eye doctor. I wish you well, Dr. Stevens