Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

I have a stye on botton eyelid that never resolved itself and

I have a stye on botton eyelid that never resolved itself and has lasted for about four weeks. Now its is painless to touch and slight elevated lump has remained in the area. I was concerned about the cosmesis effect and was wondering if there were any home remedies that could remove it or do I have to get it examined by an ophthalmologist.
Continue warm compresses, give it some time, if it still persists, you will need to have it drained, Dr. Stevens
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks fo r the quick response. One thing I forgot to mention was that the eye was getting red (sclera that is) is it because the gland is still blocked.
It means either there is some internal irritation or something else going on. Sometimes the stye drains internally and can irritate the eyeball. Typically you will feel a foreign body sensation if it is the stye irritating it. If not, you should get it checked out. Regards XXXXX XXXXX