Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

my lefy eye has started burning, running water and blurry at

my lefy eye has started burning, running water and blurry at times. it constantly seems like something flashes in the corner of my eye as if something quickly went by. i cant afford to go to the eye doctor ,so how can i solve this problem? it is really scarry and annoying.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

You are experiencing the symptoms of dry eyes like burning sensation, watering and even blurring. You can instill preservative free Refresh tears eye drops , 1 drop 4 times a day. It is available OTC. If symptoms persist even after this , you can get the eyes examined later. Flashes of light usually occur due to some retinal stimulation, commonest in posterior vitreous detachment(PVD) in which the thick gel at the back of the eye gets detached. Usually it is harmless and does not require any treatment. Only if the detachment leads to retinal tear or hole then it can progress to a retinal detachment which is characterised by sudden decrease in vision or more like a curtain falling in the line of vision. This can only be detected by a detailed retina examination by an ophthalmologist.

It may be seen even in ocular migraine.Its prophylactic treatment especially in those with headache is Tab. Flunarizine 10 mg once a day for one month.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.