Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

my right eye to be bloodshot as it felt like

I was on an aircraft yesterday and as we were coming in to land I had severe pain in my right eye, like lots of small stabs. I fully expected to find me eye to be bloodshot as it felt like vessels within my eye exploding. There was no loss of vision or any blurring at all and the pain lasted around 90 seconds. On checking my eye, it looks completely normal. Residual feeling today is that there is no pain, but feel like the inside of my eye has been traumatised and is now in 'repair mode'. Vision still 20/20. I am a 44 yr old male, taking ace inhibitors for hypertension - any thoughts? Thanks.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

There is a possibility that you had an attack of angle closure glaucoma in which the eye pressure is raised. Vision may or may not be affected. Pain is common. Additionally, you may see coloured haloes or may have watering from the eyes. You can see an ophthalmologist to confirm whether you have narrow angles or not. Other possibilities include uveitis, ocular migraine etc. In uveitis vision may not be affected in early stages. Seeing an ophthalmologist will help to confirm the diagnosis. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.