Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I am suddenly having blurred vision in my right eye, along

Customer Question

I am suddenly having blurred vision in my right eye, along with a white cloudiness. I noticed it this morning when I put my contacts in. I was at work, so I washed my contact lense with solution, but the resulted in no change. I just put my glasses on and still the same condition. What could cause such effects in my eye?

EDIT - I also have an astigmatism, and a prescription of -9.5 if that helps
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you are experiencing the blurred vision due to corneal infiltrate. This could have occurred from protein contaminants or infection. This is common with contact lens wear, and would need closer evaluation to exclude corneal infection. If no infection is present this would resolve with use of drops such as Lotemax or FML. However, if infection is suspected by your eye doctor then you will need about 1 week of Zylet drop 4 times daily. In the meantime, I suggest that you continue to keep your contacts off, use preservative free tears drops and use glasses. In addition, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor as soon as possible for closer evaluation.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Would Tobramycin Ophthalmic help? I still have an unexpired bottle of that from pink eye a couple months back.

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much.

With your doctor's approval, I'm certain that would be great! - Tobramycin would prove good coverage of the relevant organisms.