Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

When I blink I see a dark circle, it is clear in the middle

Customer Question

When I blink I see a dark circle, it is clear in the middle and quickly goes away, however, the farther I stand back the bigger the circle becomes, closer up it is smaller. This has happend twice, it resolves in weeks to several months, this time it is alittle larger than before.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Do you have any floaters or flashes of light in your vision as well?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do have floaters, I had a vitreous detachment in both eyes last year which left several floaters, currently no flashes. the circle is dark around the edges and grey in the center but i can see through it, thought it possibly might be CSR however it is not interrupting my vision as far as seeing or reading.
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Does it happen with both eyes or just one?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
just my left eye, this is the second time I have had it, the first time it last a couple of months and was smaller, this time I have had it for about three months and appears larger,
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

It's difficult to say what it is. You should get a dilated eye examination. My guess is it may be due to some pathology involving in or around the macula like swelling in that area of retina. You should see a retina specialist. Thanks and regards.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Have you not had anyone with this type of occurance before, does it sound like CSR if you are familiar with that?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Not satisfied at all, he could not even give an educated guess.