Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

I had a bug in my eye and it looks like my cornea got torn

I had a bug in my eye and it looks like my cornea got torn when I was trying to get the bug out..When I look in my eye the top see-thru-layer is ''loose'' in the corner of my eye.Do I need to see a doctor or can I wait till tomorrow?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

If the corneal epithelium has got debrided , it is very painful. The best treatment is to put lubricating drops like Refresh tears and close the eye/patch the eye. The epithelium heals very well within 24 hours. Since there was a foreign body in the eye , an antibiotic eye drop cover is better to prevent super added bacterial infection. You can visit the ophthalmologist in the morning for a thorough eye examination.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.