Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

hi dr s let him know my optician says if i need stronger prism

Customer Question

hi dr s let him know my optician says if i need stronger prism he can do thattan just recieved my prism glasses they ground them in it looks good my surgeon wrote a scrip for 3 diopters freznel for left eye optician said they could not stick on so they ground one and half in right eye and one and half in left eye is that allright or not with the prism i did notice some improvment in images going sideways but i notice images drifting upward i am going to call my surgeon tommorrow and my optician says he can make them stronger he says give the prisms some time or do you think i need fine tuning surgery or give prisms some time thank you dr stan
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.

Thank you so much:

It looks like things will work out for your with the prisms. I suggest that you give the prism 3-4 weeks and see if it adjusts better. Sometimes it can take few weeks to adjust. If not, then your eye doctor can increase the prism possible with some "base down" effect. Good luck. I'm happy for you. God bless.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ugh more waiting been waiting for two years for this to clear i just thought i would put the prism on and everything would clear should i call the surgeon or just wait couple weeks also you dont think them dividing the prism in each eye made a difference
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 7 years ago.
Thank you so much.

I suggest you wait a few more weeks. It is no problem to divide the prism in both eyes. It does not make any difference. However, if after couple of weeks, it is not helpful, you can request for prism to be put in one eye. God bless.