Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

what to do if you get nail polish vin your eye

Welcome to Just Answer:

The first step is to thoroughly rinse your eyes with distilled or tap water. Then, start using preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal drop every 2 hours while awake on Day 1. Then, 4 times daily from day 2 to 1 week. If there is redness and itching, your can add over the counter Zaditor drop 4 times daily for 1 week. If after 1 week, it has not resolved or it worsens, then I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.