Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I have glaucoma and take combigan twice a day and lumigan once

I have glaucoma and take combigan twice a day and lumigan once a day. Yesterday afternoon I noticed my right eyeball looked lumpy. Just not I looked and my right eye seems to have a bubble on the white part of the eye. Do I need to seek immediate medical attention? My eye doctor (and his back up) are both out for the holiday. Please advise.

Welcome to Just Answer

Do you have any pain in that eye? where exactly on the white of the eye is the bubble?( which clock hour with respect to the black of the eye)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is no pain; looking in the mirror the bubble is at 7; the bubble seems to be in the clear film over the eyeball not the white eyeball itself

With respect to glaucoma and the anti-glaucoma drops you are using , I cannot co-relate the bubble with glaucoma.The possible side effects of the drugs you are taking does not include any bubble or lump on the eyeball. It would be better to get the eye examined by an ophthalmologist on a slit lamp to know the exact nature of the lesion.

Though it does not seem to be a very significant problem , nonetheless it is better for a closer evaluation to be done. You can try lubricating eye drops like Refresh tears for soothening effect and see if the bubble disappears in case it is something like an airbubble entrapped in the tear film over the eye.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.