Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

is there a way to fix a lazy eye

is there a way to fix a lazy eye
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Yes, it is possible to straighten lazy eye. This is done regularly by eye doctors. In general, the strabismus eye surgeon can surgical correct the Lazy eye. However, if the person with the Lazy eye is under 9 years of age or about that, whatever, vision in the involved eye would probably remain the same. I suggest that you follow-up with the eye doctor for a closer evaluation of the person with the lazy eye.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.