Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

I recently had Jonas Tubes placed in my eyes to act as tear

I recently had Jonas Tubes placed in my eyes to act as tear ducts. Since the surgery I have a large lump in the corner of my right eye under the skin. When I press on it I can feel it move my sinuses. It is hard, red and ugly. The surgeon said to just rub it and it will disappear. That's not happening. It is not the new tube, I can feel that just above it. What is it, and how do I get rid of it? I've already taken 2 antibiotics for the massive sinus infection that followed the surgery not to mention intense headaches that drove me to the emergency room after 9 days straight. Please give me some insight.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

What you are describing may be a pyogenic granuloma. This condition is not an infection but generally a reaction from the surgery and represents excessive healing. It may potentially go away on its own or it can be excised in the office with local anesthetic.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does it have anything to do with the headaches i am experiencing since the surgery? Sometimes I can barely hold my head up the pain is so sharp in the back of my head. Ceases for several minutes and then hits again?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

A pyogenic granuloma is not associated with pain. The headaches may be from a sinusitis that is still present.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I looked up pictures of pyogenic granulomas and what I have does not look like that at all. There is no beeding, or roundness or oozing or looking like its coming to a head. It is mis shaped under the skin like there is something blocking a sinus. It makes the side of my upper nose very thick and fat, and is tender to the touch. Could it be a mistake from the surgery? or something is growing in my sinuses?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

Can you post a picture?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
graphic I've been trying to download the picture but I guess i am unable. Thank you for your help, sorry I couldn't let you see exactly what I was talking about.
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

It could possibly be scar tissue or inflammation from the surgery. Your best bet would be a second opinion. Best of luck to you.