Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

retinal pigment epitheliitis..What happens eventually, to

retinal pigment epitheliitis..What happens eventually, to the sight?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

This condition (acute retinal pigment epithelitis) is also called Krill's disease. It is a rare, retinal inflammatory condition of unknown cause. It is self-limiting, and tend to resolve on its own. It is a non-harmful inflammatory disorder of retinal pigment epithelium in macular area. In general, no treatment is required as there is excellent prognosis for visual recovery. The vision eventually recovers to normal. In about 75% of cases the disease is only in one eye, without any signs or symptoms of intraocular inflammation. In 25% of the cases, both eyes are involved. In general, the condition is associated with sudden decreased of central vision, occasionally associated with distorted vision. I suggest that regular routine monitor with the retinal eye doctor be continued. The use of eye multivitamin such as I-caps, although evaluated with macular degeneration, could be beneficial with this condition.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.