Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

Hi for the last month, my eyes have been irritated, sore,

for the last month, my eyes have been irritated, sore, sensitive to light, watery,making my nose run as well. I was wearing cosmetic coloured lenses, but have stopped due to them making my eyes sore, but the last two days I have been in heaps of pain, in the morning just after I`ve woken up they are bloodshot and dry as, then they start watering hard out during the day. I do drink and smoke, but at the moment I am drying out from the alcohol, just in case its the alcohol but really would like to know what the problem is. It was one eye for awhile but now its both, and i am really worried, as I`m blind in one eye,please can you help, Christina.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Is the vision affected?

Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

It looks as if you are having contact lens intolerance. You have done the right thing by not wearing contact lenses. You may also require steroids drops for sometime along with a lubricating drop like Refresh Teras. The other possibility could be infection which is a serious issue. Since, you have vision in only one eye, you should not take chances and see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible to confirm the diagnosis. Examination is very important. I hope, you understand. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.