Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

My son (6) always complains of eye pain in the morning when

My son (6) always complains of eye pain in the morning when he wakes up.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that he is experiencing the pain of irritating cornea nerves due to dry eyes or collection of mucus in the eye that irritates the eye. If he does have allergy, this can make it worse. In which case, over the counter Zaditor eye drop twice daily can significantly reduce symptoms. In addition, I suggest that you apply preservative free tear gel such as Refresh or Genteal gel at bedtime. More importantly, I suggest that he follow-up with his eye doctor for closer evaluation and treatment of any underlying cause such as ocular allergy with Patanol or Pataday drops. This is necessary as his vision is still development.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.