Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

My eye just started hurting. Somewhat like I got a major poke,

My eye just started hurting. Somewhat like I got a major poke, so much that it sort of feels like I have a severe bruise. The eyes pupil is much larger than the other and is bright red. It is causing me great pain and I have nauseating headache. There was a suggestion that it may be an aneurism. I dont know what that means.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Are previous eye problem? inflammation?

Are recent symptoms of cold/flu?

Any tearing and sensitivity to bright light?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

no previous eye problems. no cold. very sensitive to light and it seems to hurt when is trying to focus on something. I just put a folded paper towel with a large band aid on it

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I dont see any addditional questios for me.
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you so much for your reply:

It appears that you are experiencing the symptoms of eye inflammation which affeced the muscles of the eye involved in focusing (uveitis). The symptoms of dilated of pupil, light sensitivity, nausea and headache suggests a need for a closer evaluation by the eye doctor. A concern here is to exclude any increase in eye pressure and/or acute angle closure glaucoma. So, I would suggest that you follow-up in the emergency room for closer evaluation. In the meantime, you can use over the counter anti-inflammation drop such as Zaditor drop 4 times daily. It is also possible that this is the beginning of viral eye infection (EKC), and would need drops such as Zaditior, lotemax or Alrex. However, the dilated pupil, nausea, light sensitivity, headache points to increase eye pressure and needs closer evaluation.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.