Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I have posterior vitreous detachment. I am 58 with no other

I have posterior vitreous detachment. I am 58 with no other health problems save myopia and depression. Is is ok to have orthopaedic surgery on right foot?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

There is no contraindication with having right foot surgery with a history of posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). It is safe to have foot surgery. There is no report of worsening PVD after orthopedic surgery. However, if after your surgery you notice any worsening of symptoms such as floaters and flashes, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.