Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

A rather large dark red spot has appeared in the left, upper

Customer Question

A rather large dark red spot has appeared in the left, upper quarter of the right eye. It extends from the left corner of the right eye to the base of the nose. It extends upward from the corner on the left side of the eyelid, upward for about 1 /2 inch, outside of the eyelid, around the eye socket. It does not hurt, but looks bad.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

Since how long have you got this spot?

Has it involved only the skin of the eyelid or it has involved the white of the eye too?

Any associated swelling of the lids?

Do you suffer from any allergies?

Dr.A.S.Desai
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I was informed about this spot about 7 hours ago. I did not know until 4 hours ago when I looked in a mirror as to what it looks like.

It appears to be external of the eye, and affecting the lid area

It looks similar to a birthmark with no swelling.

W3e are encountering a number of allergies at this time. I have not; however, had a mark such as this.

Thank you, I'm sorry I didnot realize that you were awaiting further information.

D. C. Trauth

Hello D.C.Trauth,

Thanks for replying

A red lesion on the skin of the eyelid of recent onset with no other complaints could be due an allergy. You can take oral anti-histaminic like tab. cetrizine 10 mg once at night for 1 week and apply tobramicin + dexamethasone eye ointment local application. It is better to get it examined by an ophthalmologist just to check the anterior segment of the eye and a second opinion of a dermalogist.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Dr.A.S.Desai
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your assessment. I may rest a little easier this morning. I will have it checked after this weekend; as per your advice.

Dr. D. C. Trauth, PHD

You are most welcome.