Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

brain..floater in his eye, it is there all of the time..eyelid..eyes

My partner has a motorcycle accident recently which caused a bleed to the brain, he is now recovering but has been left with what he calls a floater in his eye, it is there all of the time and affects him worse with any eye movement. He describes it as being a bit like a cat having an inner eyelid. It is very distressing and the only rime he gets any relief from it is if he lies down with hes eyes shut, which as you can imagine is not really possible 24/7. He has seen his doctor who told him to se an optician which he did but they could not do all of the tests, mainly the pressure test as his eyes were too under pressure for them to attempt it. MY question is - is there anything we can do at home or should we go to the eye hospital to get them to check it. We have at least a two week wait before we see the doctor again and he could be referred for the eye clinic, I dont think he will be able to function at all by that time what should we do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

The eyes are connected with the brain. Sometimes bleeding around the brain can also result in bleeding in the eyes as well. This condition is also called Terson Syndrome. If he is seeing these floaters and has had a brain bleed, it is important for him to see an ophthalmologist to make sure that the eyes are OK. The floater will improve over time, but it make take weeks to months.

He should go to the eye hospital.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.