Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

Eyelid drooping

Customer Question

My eye was red and very painful so I went to the eye doctor and she prescribed Tobradex eye drops. The infection went away but I noticed that my eyelid is drooping now. It's been about a week with no change. I went back to the eye doctor yesterday and she said she doesn't know why it's like that and gave me some lubricating eye drops. Is this normal? Is it likely to go away?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 6 years ago.

Considering that you had an eye infection, there can be persistenet mild inflammation and dryness of the eyes, which can cause mild narrowing of eyes. For this you need to continue using the prescribed lubricating eye drops and if avaialble over the counter, lubricating eye drops like voveron ophtha.