Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

Is Avastin or Lucentis useful in treating vitelliform macular

Is Avastin or Lucentis useful in treating vitelliform macular dystrophy?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

If the Vitelliform macular dystrophy is associated with the development of abnormal or potential bleeding vessels called choriodal neovascularization (CNV), then Avastin or lucentis would be very beneficial in blocking the development of these CNV and hence protect further loss of eye sight, and possibly improve vision. The important determining is whether the patient have developed choroidal neovascularization in the macular due to the vitelliform macular dystrophy. In the absence of CNV no study has shown that it is beneficial.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.