Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

How do I treat watery itchy eyes

Customer Question

How do I treat watery itchy eyes?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

Itching of eyes is usually due to allergic conjunctivitis or blepharitis. To treat allergic conjunctivitis you can put Pataday eye drops , 1 drop two times a day, for 1 month. For very severe itching oral anti-histaminic can be added like tab.Cetrizine 10 mg once every night after food.

If blepharitis is the cause, gentle lid scrub can be done, apply antibiotic - steroid combination eye ointment to the lid margin once at night. If there is flaking at the lid margin, it can be cleaned with baby shampoo every day for 2 weeks.You can visit an ophthalmologist to discuss the above and start the treatment accordingly.

For watering of eyes , Refresh tears eye drops 1 drop 4 times a day are helpful as they lubricate the eyes and give soothening effect.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Dr.A.S.Desai