Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I am transcribing a Chart Note. The sentences are under OBJECTIVE.

I am transcribing a Chart Note. The sentences are under OBJECTIVE. They are as follows:
EKG showed normal sinus rhythm and a rate of 70. Axis 0 degrees. The intervals were normal. My question is: Is Axis the right word to used there and also is intervals the correct work. This is what I'm hearing but not sure they are the words that need to be used. Thank you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

Yes, axis and intervals are the right word to be used. To determine the axis understanding of the angles that each of the chest lead makes in relation to each other is important. Intervals probably refers to the PR interval and Qtc intervals which may be lengthened or shortened when the EKG is not normal.Both words seem correct. Thanks.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be apprecaited.

Edited by Dr.S Riaz on 4/1/2010 at 3:30 PM EST