Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP
Kindly give some more information regarding your question-
- is one eye involved or both eyes?
- since when has the swelling occurred?
- any other symptoms like fever, redness or eyes etc?
- are you on any medicines?
only the right eye
30 min ago
no fever, no redness
none prior to swelling, took first aid kit allergy pill 5 min after swelling.
the swelling has subsided post cold compress but pain in right eye and sinus on right side. filling took less than 2 min, spreading from outer edge to inner edge and down word with about 5 to 10 cc of clear fluid.
Thanks for the information.
What you are describing seems like an allergic reaction most probably due to the prevailing sinusitis. A decrease in swelling with cold compresses is also seen in allergies. I would advise you to-
- continue cold compresses
- take oral anti-histaminic like benadryl
- oral anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen
- close the left eye and look around to know for any decreased vision or blurring of vision in the affected eye
If the swelling and pain subsides, then continue treatment and consult your doctor for treatment of sinusitis. Rarely, this swelling might be cellulitis i.e. inflammatory swelling around the eye. In that case you would need to see your doctor immediately as cellulitis can worsen very fast.