Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

My eye doctor has been monitoring the pressure in my eyes.

My eye doctor has been monitoring the pressure in my eyes. Yesterday, he said he would like me to start taking drops. He said the pressure was getting higher than he'd like, but it wasn't a red alarm bell. I asked if stress could be contributing to it. He said no. Yet, when I got on the internet, there were remarks regarding stress and also using the computer. I have a high level stress job, plus a series of high level stress events... a death, husband had a heart attack and in 07 I was in a car crash. I had a slight concussion. As a result, I stopped exercising. I asked the nurse to tell me when the pressure started and she said in 07. I really don't want to get into drugs. Does stress increase pressure, can a concussion
do something, less exercise, staying on the computer? Some people claim eye exercises help. Are there herbs, vitamins? I can take to bring the pressure down? Thanks Karen

Your ophthalmologist would be suspicious of glaucoma and that's why he wants the eye pressure to be under control as high pressure can cause irreversible damage to the optic nerve of the eye. Herbs or vitamins are not likely to help. Stress may be related but it is not well known and stress management is also not likely to help. At the most you can get a second opinion from a glaucoma specialist. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.