Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I am 46 yrs old and a couple months ago I went for an eye exam

I am 46 yrs old and a couple months ago I went for an eye exam and was prescribed glasses, my vision was not very bad, I have dry eyes, I have been using the sample eye drops he gave me. (Refresh Optive) & (Systane Ultra). My eyes on a daily basis now are Red & Irritated to the point I get Eye & Headaches. I generally work on my computer about 3 to 4 hours a day, I wear my glasses and have the lights on. Could you Please provide me with your opinion?

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you are experiencing severe dry eyes, causing irritation, redness, strain and headaches . I suggest that you use the Refresh Optive or Systane Ultra at least every 4 hours, and the gel (Refresh or Genteal gel) at bedtime. For comfort and less eye strain/irritation, I suggest that you use over the counter Zaditor twice daily as needed. You should also request your eye doctor to consider a trial of Restasis twice daily to help your eye produce more natural tears and reduce any background inflammation contributing to the irritation.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to clarify any questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.