Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

MR.C.54 years old ,fell,hitting right side of his head on the floor,after lost sight for one hour,regained vision but blurring & light dancing of central vision image &needed more light to see, it sounds like he has trouble at the MACULAR area due to this fall ;bruise//bleed,he was seen in ER that day and bed rest was advised &recheck   in one week . Could this be a case of RETINAL HEMORRHAGE/DETACHMENT? Serious , Please out line the proper treatment in order to save his sight in time . Thanks .MRS.EM .PS: the incidence took place 3 days ago ,Is he loosing ground to save his sight ??

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you are experiencing the symptoms of retinal hemorrhage due to the fall. It would be necessary for the retinal eye doctor to closely evaluate the back of the eye to exclude retinal detachment. If there is retinal hemorrhage that completely obstruct the evaluation of the back of the eye, B-Scan ultrasound will be used in addition to evaluate the eye.

If no retinal detachment is present, and the hemorrhage is not significant, it will resolve/clear in several weeks to months with good visual recovery. If the hemorrhage is significant, as determine by the eye doctor, decision could be made to perform eye surgery to drain the excess blood in other to speed resolution. Based on the symptoms, it appears that there is no retinal detachment but likely retinal or vitreous hemorrhage. This should resolve in several weeks. However, cclose evaluation is necessary to exclude retinal detachment.

lease, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.