Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

have teary eyes all day long with yellow discharges

Customer Question

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you have infected and obstructed tear duct. This needs close evaluation by the oculoplastic eye doctor for probing and irrigation along with topical antibiotics (vigamox) 4 times daily for 14 days, and oral doxycycline antiboitics 100mg twice daily for 14 days. In case this is just bacterial conjunctivitis, these treatment regimen will also resolve the problem. So, I just that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evalution and treatment. There is nothing over the over to treat such severe case of eye infection.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.