Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Ok so i am a 32 year old female who has had conjuctivitis 3

Ok so i am a 32 year old female who has had conjuctivitis 3 times in the past month and a half as far as I can remember i have never had it before in my life. After the first round i threw away all my eye make up and contact lens case then a couple of weeks later when i got ti again I threw away my saline solutions i have not worn my contacts since I got hit with it the second time now i woke up to it again this morning i am a little freaked out and have a Dr appointment on friday my eye Dr said this could be caused by an STD which My ex and i did have unprotected sex but have beeen split up for four months now could this be whats causing this or could it be something as simple as having an allergic reaction to the new brand of masacara I have been using? which it doesnt usualky kick in until 3 days after i use it ( I have been using that for about two months now as well but not when my eye has been flared up) it seems to come on a couple of days after using this masacara)
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is possible that you are experiencing the persistent symptoms of contact related eye infiltrates which needs treatment with Zylet eye drop 4 times daily for 10 to 14 days. Even though you threw away your previous contacts such infiltrates are difficult to get rid off without proper treatment, and can be on and off. There may also be allergic component to the symptom, in which case, over the counter Zaditor eye drop twice daily would be beneficial. It can occur with STD such as Chlamydia - there would have much discharge, and persistent, and not on and off. So, based on your description, it is less likely to be STD, but if the above treatment fail to resolve the problem, then you should consider that possibility. In addition, I suggest that you get a prescription for doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 14 days from you doctor to cover for Chlamydia just in case. The doxycycline is also good for the conjunctivitis due to chronic eyelid infection.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.