Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

When I get up in the morning my vision is misty after a few

When I get up in the morning my vision is misty after a few minutes my vision becomes clear. My eyes are also getting watery for no apparent reasons. What do you think is my problem and how can I rectify it.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

You seem to have dry eyes which typically cause blurred vision in the morning and clears later. Reflex watering is the initial symptom of dry eyes. Dry eyes can occur very commonly either due to excessive evapouration of tears or due to reduced production of tears.

It is better to start lubricating eye drops like preservative free Refresh tears eye drops ,1 drop 4 times a day (OTC).

For comfortable reading it is better to use reading glasses. You will end up straining your eyes trying to read without glasses and in turn worsen the dry eyes.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.