Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

A good friend of mine who lives in Dallas is not employed and

A good friend of mine who lives in Dallas is not employed and has had no earnings for the past three years. For over three years he has had glaucoma. Now the situation is so bad that his upper and lower eye lids are swollen and the eyes are almost closed. He can't keep his eyes open and work at computer for more than an hour. He needs to take rest/sleep after each hour to reduce the swelling.

Could you point to a free clinic/charity eye care/ optholmologist in Dallas, TX area who could help him. He is a legal immigrant. Both he and his wife are highly educated and the community will benefit immensely from them in the long run.

Parkland is the county hospital for Dallas offering charity care. I recommend he look into their services. It may take some time for him to get an appointment however. I'd also recommend he see an optometrist first. Optometrist often offer very reasonable exams fees. He can then tell you the severity of the situation.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dear Dr. James,

All the power to you. God bless you for your kind heart. I hope my friend will get proper care soon that will save his vision. He will for ever be indebted to the society.

Please continue your service for the needy.