Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

skin..c/o pain in the eye, light sensitivity & some watery d/

My daughter started yesterday with darkening skin around her eye (look similar to a beginning bruise). c/o pain in the eye, light sensitivity & some watery d/c. no c/o ichiness. slight redness in white of the eye.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that your daugher is experiencing the symptoms of severe allergic or viral conjunctivitis with iritis and photophobia (Light sensitivity). It would also be necessary to consider the possibility of viral conjunctivitis. This can be best be determined under the silt-lamp examination. So, I suggest that she follow-up with her eye doctor for close evaluation - especially looking at the cornea and the back of the eye. In the meantime, over the counter Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily, and preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal 4 times daily will be very beneficial in reducing the symptoms. If viral conjunctivitis, she would need Zylet eye drop 4 times daily for 1 week (prescription) in addition.

lease, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She has had conjunctivitis before but never had the skin discoloration & pain. it has always been itchy & red on the cornea. could this still be conjunctivitis & should I take her to an urgent care center for a script?
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Severe ocular allergy can cause around the eye discoloration, but since this is new to her, and with such pain and light sensitivity it is more likely viral eye inflammation (common with adenovirus). I suggest that you take to the urgent care for closer evaluation for prescription for more effective medication.