How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.S Riaz Your Own Question
Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2822
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr.S Riaz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

cataract surgery..My pupil is sort of square and smaller..eye

Resolved Question:

I had cataract surgery last week. I cannot see anything but shadows. My pupil is sort of square and smaller than the other eye. can the pupil be restored to being round again?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.



It will depend upon the cause. If the pupil has been damaged during the square and some portion is lost then it will not be possible. However, if vitreous is present in the anterior part as a result of posterior capsule rent then it may be done surgically. If a dilator is being used then stopping that will probably help. You need to ask the operating surgeon who has examined you. Thanks.




Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.




Edited by Dr.Shariq Riaz on 3/9/2010 at 2:07 AM EST
Dr.S Riaz and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
Do you have any more questions?

Related Eye Questions