Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Eye punctured and repaired, pressure 5/10, shadow vision. Whats

Customer Question

Eye punctured and repaired, pressure 5/10, shadow vision. Whats the chances of regaining proper vision when blood subsides? How long till blood subsides do you reckon?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

In general, if there is no detached retina and the back of the eye is in place, the chances of gaining back significant vision is high. However, the amount of visual recovery depends on if any damage was done to the cornea, cataract formation and removal of blood stain that may be obstructing the vision. The process of recovery would be slow - several months. However, if you work closely with your eye doctors, there is a good chance that you will do well and re-gain significant vision.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.

Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience: Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What if they couldn't do CT scan because of blood. How long before CT scan can see if behind eye was damaged as surgeon said it went deep
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They said blood in eye had to subside. Who long does this usually take? Before a CT scan can be clear?
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much for your reply.

The CT scan or the MRI can be done now. Alternatively the can use B-Scan ultrasound to evaluate the back of the eye. However, the only concern is probably your low pressure and fragile eye - in 2 to 3 weeks the doctor should able to make such determination on the stability of the back of your eye (at least with CT Scan, MRI or B-Scan). In order to better plan your management going forward the eye doctor, respecially the retina specialist, would need to evaluate those issues. My guess is that it will be done very soon.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does pressure increase to 10 again eventually?
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.
Thanks:

Yes, the pressure would increase eventually to better than 10.