Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

what causes an eye test to malfunction upon seeing a eye dr.

Customer Question

what causes an eye test to malfunction? upon seeing a eye dr. today it did not work as i was told it should of-that is the computerized state of the art (so-called,test for glaucoma .it did work after some time .i am wondering also why i was not sent to a speacialist who could give me more consistant and accurret information since i clearly was diagnosed with a form of glacoma.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

You might have been asked to undergo a perimetry to check the visual fields which can get affected in glaucoma. Since this is an automated test which requires software application, which might have not worked at that time. I don't see any other reason for an eyetest to malfunction. This test though necessary ,is not an emergency and can be done once the equipment is rectified.

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Dr.A.S.Desai