Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

I have been to an opthomologist and a neurologist for the problem

Customer Question

I have been to an opthomologist and a neurologist for the problem in my right eye. Though they could not see anything, they suggest I get an MRI. My symptoms began with occassional sensitivity to light, then a dull ache, then a noticable difference in the right eye where the eyelid is falling (more hooded), then constant pressure and now it feels as if it is on the right side of my head just behind the eyeball and in back of the eye. I am worried. I also notice that when I wear my magnifiers it is very uncomfortable over the right eye and I can barely stand to have them on for more than a few minutes.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 6 years ago.

You seem to have ptosis(drooping eye lid) in the right eye. The causes could be neurogenic, myogenic, aponeurotic or mechanical. Since, the ophthalmologist could not see anything abnormal they are looking for a neurogenic cause like an aneurysm or something. It 's not that something will show up. They just want to ensure that everything is normal. Otherwise your symtoms were suggestive of raised eye pressure i.e. glaucoma but that must have been ruled out by the ophthalmologist. Your treating doctors would be able to give a better answer as they are the ones who have examined you. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.