Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I think I have pink eye. I am 68. Eyes have been itching for

I think I have pink eye. I am 68. Eyes have been itching for days and figured allergies. Lids raw, watering and just looked in the mirrow and both eyes red. Anything over the counter?

Is there any discharge present in the eyes?

If yes, then is it purulent?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes some. What is purulent?

Purulent discharge means pus i.e. it is greenish or yellowish. You may be having bacterial conjunctivitis. You can use an antibiotic like Optrex Infected Eyes eye drops (3-4 times a day). It is available OTC. Also you could also be having dry eyes or allergies. So, once pink eye has resolved you should use a lubricating drop like Refresh Tears 3-4 times a day. For allergies you can use an anti-allergic drop like Pataday 2 times a day. It is recommended that you see an ophthalmologist to confirm the diagnosis. Thanks and best wishes.

Please, click the ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a POSITIVE FEEDBACK will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks you. This is the first time I have used this service. On SS so every dime counts. I really appreciate you guys!!

All the best,

You're most welcome.