Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

My eye doctor told me I had what they called a feckle (something

My eye doctor told me I had what they called a feckle (something Novus?) on my left eye . I have to go to another eye doctor to have it measured.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

Do you know the location of the nevus?
Is it on the whites of the eyes or underneath the retina?
What questions do you have about it?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the way he talk it was in the white of the . I think he said it was a sclera nevus.
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

Yes, it appears you have a conjunctival nevus. Nevi are collections of pigmented cells. These are common on the skin similar to the moles that you may see, but can also be seen on the whites of the eyes. Most often, they are not worrisome unless they start to grow and change colors.

That is why it is important to have it measured. It is important to have that measurement rechecked in the future to look for growth. If it looks worrisome to the doctor, the nevus can be removed and looked at underneath the microscope to determine if it has any cancer potential.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.