Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

Hello, I have a film over my left eye, it burns, watery & and

Hello, I have a film over my left eye, it burns, watery & and I have a little discharge in the morning. It stated a few days ago. I am a 39 year old female.

Thank You,

Cindy

Welcome to Just Answer:

It appears that you are experiencing the symptoms of moderate to severe ocular allergic conjunctivitis. The most effective over the counter eye drop for this is Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily for about 1 week, in addition to warm compresses twice daily. If the symptoms fails to significantly resolve after 3-4 days, then I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation to exclude viral or bacteria conjunctivitis.

However, if you also have sinus congestion with yellowish/greenish discharge, I would suggest that you follow-up with your doctor for closer evaluation for oral antibiotics such as Augmentin and and/or topical eye antibiotics such as Tobramycin or Vigamox 4 times daily for 1 week. If viral conjunctivitis, then your eye doctor would likely start you on Tobrax or Zylet eye drop for about 1 week.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.