Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND I HAVE BLURRED VISION. I CAN SEE

Customer Question

I WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND I HAVE BLURRED VISION. I CAN SEE BUT MY EYES BURN, STING AND LOT OF WATER COMES OUT OF THEM. MY EYES ARE SENSITIVE TO THE SUN AND LIGHTS
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Are your eyes red?

Any recent cold/flu symptoms - coughing?

Are the eyes swollen?

Thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

YES THEY ARE RED

NO I HAVENT HAD ANY COLD/FLU SYMPTOMS

MY EYES ARENT SWOLLEN

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you so much for your reply:

It appears that you are experiencing the symptoms of moderate to severe ocular allergic conjunctivitis. The most effective over the counter eye drop for this is Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily for about 1 week, in addition to warm compresses twice daily. Wearing sunglasses to protect the eye from sun irritation will be very beneficial. If the symptoms fails to significantly resolve after 3-4 days, then I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation the exclude viral conjunctivitis. In the meantime, wash your hands regularly and avoid using same towels to wipe face as others in case you are dealing with viral conjunctivitis. If viral conjunctivitis, then your eye doctor would likely start you on Tobrax or Zylet eye drop for about 1 week.

Please, feel free to clarify any further question(s). I'm here to assist you to your satisfaction.

Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.